While spring cleaning is a very common thing that people do, there are some chores that people forget to perform in the springtime as well. For HVAC systems, these are often simple tasks that are overlooked. Many are simple and take as little as a few minutes. Here are some of the tasks you should be performing:
- Inspect your air conditioner or furnace at the beginning of the new season to make sure that it looks OK.
- Replace your furnace or air conditioner filters every month or so. Different filters last for different periods of time, so make sure you choose the one that fits your needs best.
- Check the drainage hole on your air conditioning unit and make sure that it is kept clear.
- Check the dehumidifier and let it dry out by removing the external housing. You should also vacuum all the parts that are easily accessible.
- Make sure that your bathroom fans are turned off and then clean the dirt off the blades using a toothbrush. This can be done once a year or more frequently if desired.
- Open and close windows around the house. If they are having issues, make sure that the weather stripping is not damaged.
These are just a few tips to help keep your HVAC system running smoothly and make your spring cleaning more thorough. If you need more assistance with HVAC service, contact the experts at Frye's Refrigeration and HVAC LLC.